Approx time: 45 mins
Paths: mixture of footpaths, some main roads, some gravel, some mud.
Points of interest: river, old buildings, bridges, ducks
Amenities: Public parking off West St Helens Street (pay and display), pubs on route, town centre cafes and shops close by, toilets in car park
Grading: any pushchair
Weather: can be muddy after heavy rainfall
Warning: open water along most of the route
1. leave south out of St. Helens car park and follow the footpath to the right. There will be houses on your left and garages to your right.
2. few feet along there is a large tree and a footpath on your right leading to a bridge. take this.
3. this is now the ock walk, follow the path, it split at a few points but soon joins up to the main footpath. older children might like to explore. just over half way along there will be a bridge to cross. at the start and end of the walk there are displays boards.
5. at the main road turn to your right, Marcham Road, at the roundabout turn right (Ock Street).
6. Ock street has many old buildings and alms houses scattered down it along with some new houses.
7. turn right apon reaching Coopers Lane and The Brewery Tap pub. this used to be Morlands Brewery, the old buildings are now flats. at the end of Coopers lane you will retun to St Helens car park.
8. alternative route, don't turn down coopers lane but carry on until you reach Abingdon Town center for shops, cafes and restuarants.