Approx time: 1 hour
Paths: footpaths along the whole walk, the route follows an uneven causeway
Points of interest: 2 level crossings (with regular highspeed trains), stream with ducks, cottages, farm land, play park, waterfall.
Amenities: parking at Steventon village hall, pub on route, village shops
Grading: all terrain buggy or baby carrier
Weather: suitable in all weather, great for conkers and blackberries
1. From the carpark cross the road and head up the slight slope to the left of the war memorial, The Causeway. Warning – this is a busy road to cross, keep children close.
2. The tree covered footpath runs beside some allotments and at the top of the path is a well equipped play park.
3. Cross the road to the right of the pub, carrying on along the causeway with the school to your right. You will soon come to a level crossing.
4. Beyond the crossing you will turn left into mill street where you can feed the ducks by the stream, just beyond this is a waterfall.
5. Follow the path into castle street, on your right will be an open field often with cows grazing.
6. Turn left into stocks lane and again cross the level crossing.
7. Once you reach the pub turn right and you are going back along the causeway to the car park.